Interested in the advice of King Solomon compared to the CDC?
The USA Center of Disease Control, gives this advice to prevent STD, Sexual Transmitted Diseases.
What can people do to reduce their risk of getting STDs and HIV?
- The only way to avoid STDs is to not have vaginal, anal, or oral sex. If people are sexually active, they can do the following things to lower their chances of getting STDs and HIV:
- Choose less risky sexual behaviors;
- Use condoms consistently and correctly;
- Reduce the number of people with whom they have sex;
- Limit or eliminate drug and alcohol use before and during sex;
- Have an honest and open talk with their healthcare provider and ask whether they should be tested for STDs and HIV.
- Talk with their healthcare provider and find out if pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a good option for them to prevent HIV infection.
Compare the seven facts above in relation to to King Solomon’s advice.
Only two facts will apply of the seven because if anyone follows just these two, the other five have no relevance.
(1) Do not arouse or awaken love until it (marriage) so desires. (Song of Songs 8:4)
being apprehensive they were about to do it; and which she dissuades from, as unreasonable and dangerous, and might be prejudicial to them as well as to her. The allusion is to virgins, that sung songs at marriages; one in the evening, lulling to sleep; and another in the morning, awaking and stirring up from it (k). (Excerpt Gils Bible Commentary HERE)
(5.) My child, if sinners try to entice you, do not consent! (Proverb 1:10)
Endeavour to seduce thee from thy parents, and draw thee aside from them, from listening to their instructions, advice, and commands; and make use of all plausible arguments to persuade thee to join with them in the sins they are addicted unto, and are continually employed in: for this is not to be understood of such who are sinners by nature, and through infirmity of the flesh, as all men are; (Excerpt Gils Bible Commentary HERE)
If interested, read the Sources information below and decide which advice is the wisest, based on this following statement to describe quality of wisdom.
“Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.”
CDC FACTS HERE
King Solomon, Lowest Abortion Update HERE
King Solomon Survival of the Fittest or Foolish in the USA Part Three HERE
King Solomon, Marijuana a Sex Enhancement HERE